Greyhawk: Return to the Classic
The gnome pantheon of gods, also called the Lords of the Golden Hills, consists of:
- Garl Glittergold is the patron deity of gnomes he teachs that a sense of humor is an important thing for anyone to cultivate, regardless of their hardships. The inhabitants of a community ought to cooperate for the greater good. Pranks are a sacrament. Authority figures shouldn’t take themselves too seriously. The tales and jokes of the gnomish people should be preserved, but change should not be feared.
- Baervan Wildwanderer the gnome deity of Forests, Travel, and Nature.
- Baravar Cloakshadow is the gnomish deity of illusions, protection, and deception
- Flandal Steelskin is the gnome god of the earth. He is the patron deity of the svirfneblin (deep gnomes), and is not very popular among other gnome subraces. Unlike other gods of the Underdark, he is not an outcast. He voluntarily led his people to the depths as a means of encouraging diversity among the gnomes.
- Gaerdal Ironhand is the gnome deity of protection, vigilance, and combat. He lives in the gnomish realm of the Golden Hills on the plane of Bytopia.
- Nebelun is the gnome deity of inventions and good luck.
- Segojan Earthcalleris the gnome deity of earth and nature. Unlike Baervan Wildwanderer, who is a god of the plants and forests of the surface world, Segojan’s area of concern is the deep earth and the life within it. He is said to have gifted the gnomes with their ability to communicate with burrowing mammals.
- Urdlen is the gnome deity of greed and blood. It manifests as an enormous blind mole. Urdlen is the enemy of the gnomish and halfling pantheons. Urdlen’s realm is the Worm Realm, located on the 399th layer of the Abyss. There, Urdlen tunnels through the ground, completely unconcerned with his petitioners, who dig in the tunnels he leaves behind. The petitioners, mostly evil gnomes, have no society whatsoever; they simply pursue their own greed in the ore-rich earth.